Previous proceedings and resources are available at the following links. If your organization/institution would like to use any of these resources, please inform the JUSTEC office via e-mail. Permission will be granted with the condition that JUSTEC is recognized as the source.
JUSTEC office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: At the 30th Anniversary in 2018, the governing board members discussed and agreed to the basic rule of a minimum interval of 1 year between JUSTEC conferences to renew JUSTEC even better. Due to COVID-19, JUSTEC 2020 was canceled.
JUSTEC 2023 hosted by University of West Florida
JUSTEC 2022 hosted by Niigata University (Virtual) JUSTEC 2021 Virtual
JUSTEC 2018 hosted by Bukkyo University
JUSTEC 2017 hosted by University of Hawaii at Manoa
JUSTEC 2016 hosted by Ehime University JUSTEC 2015 hosted by University of West Florida
JUSTEC 2014 hosted by Tokyo Gkugei University
JUSTEC 2013 hosted by University of Puget Sound
- JUSTEC 2013 Proceedings (2.5MB)
- JUSTEC 2013 Program only
- Keynote Speech "US Teacher Education --- Challenges and Opportunities"
Dr. David Imig (Professor, University of Maryland and College Park, Former President and CEO of the AACTE
- Dr. Kenneth Zeichner
Boeing Professor of Teacher Education, Director of Teacher Education, University of Washington
- JUSTEC 2013 School Visit Info
- JUSTEC article in The Tacoma News Tribune
- JUSTEC 2013 leaflet
JUSTEC 2012 hosted by Naruto University of Education
"Quality Assurance and the Evaluation of Teaching and Teacher Education: International Perspectives"
- Keynote Speech: "Teacher Quality in the US: The Intersection of Policy, Reform, and Teacher Education"
Dr. Donna Wiseman (Dean at University of Maryland)
- Japanese Case Study "Assuring Quality Teacher Preparation: A Model Curriculum and Assessment of Competence"
Dr. Katsuyuki Sato (Naruto University of Education)
- U.S. Case Study "Assuring Quality or Overwhelming Teachers? High Quality Performance Assessments in American Pre-service Teacher Education" Dr. Fred Hamel (University of Puget Sound, Tacoma)
- Discussant: Dr. Kim Hang In (Gyeongin University of Education, Korea)
- Discussant: Dr. Narumol Inprasitha (Khon Kaen University, Thailand)
JUSTEC 2011 hosted by University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Keynote Address by Brad Jupp (Senior Program Advisor, U.S. Department of Education)
The introductions were by Marty Meehan, Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Lowell and Richard Freeland, Massachusetts Commissioner of Higher Education. The panelists who followed Brad Jupp were David Haselkorn, Massachusetts Associate Commissioner for Elementary and Secondary Education and Yumiko Ono, Professor of Education, Naruto University of Education.
- JUSTEC 2011 Proceedings (2.8 MB)
- JUSTEC 2011 Program
JUSTEC 2010 hosted by Tamagawa University
JUSTEC 2009 hosted by University of Hawaii at Manoa